I have been loving making this vegan snack bar recipe for the past few weeks, so I thought I would share it with you! Because of the high fat content, these bars keep you fuller for longer, and also satisfies your sweet tooth without refined sugars.
*NB – just a heads up I am not a nutritionist or dietician, and I can only let you know things based on my experiences. You can easily swap out or alter this recipe to suit you (for example, goji berries are high in vitamin A, so that’s not suitable for pregnant women). I use Cronometer to measure this recipe, but it may vary slightly in terms of nutritional value.
This ends up being so much cheaper than buying those muesli bar/protein bars from the store, and has no refined or added sugar except for the goji berries for sweetness. They do tend to melt in hot weather so be sure to keep them refrigerated and then transfer to an Insulated Lunch Box for travel.
1 cup Almond Meal
1/2 cup Oat Flour
2 TBSP Chia Seeds
1 TBSP Hemp Seeds
1 TBSP Activated Buckinis
6 TBSP dried Goji Berries
1 TBSP LSA
2 TBSP Shredded Coconut (+ 2 TBSP additional for topping)
1 scoops vanilla vegan protein powder
2 TBSP Cashew Butter
1/4 cup melted Coconut Oil
- Combine dry ingredients (except for additional coconut) in a bowl, mix well.
- Add in wet ingredients and mix.
- Transfer to a loaf pan or container, and press down firmly. There should be about 1/2 inch depth of protein bar
- top with shredded coconut and refrigerate overnight
- Cut into about 30g portion sizes (should be about ten bars per batch)
- Keep in the fridge for a week in an air tight container, or make multiple batches and freeze them for meal prepping!
Let me know if you try this recipe and if you want more like this!